I recently took a cooking class in Chiang Mai, Thailand at the vegetarian restaurant Taste of Heaven. I learned to cook five vegan versions of traditional Thai dishes. This is a modified version of the recipe for Vegan Thai Red Curry. Super fast, easy, and delicious.
- 40 g Rice Noodles
- 10 g Bean Sprouts
- 2 T Roasted Peanuts, crushed into small bits
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed and chopped into small bits)
- 3 pieces, chives (cut 1-1/2 inch long)
- 10 g textured soy
- 1 T pickled radish, diced
- 1/2 block of firm Tofu (cut into 6 squares)
- 1 T Tamarind Sauce
- 1/4 T Mushroom Powder (or substitute with about 1 t Soy Sauce)
- 1 T Chili Sauce1/4 t Black Pepper
- 15 ml Water
- Fry garlic in cooking oil on medium high heat until golden brown.
- Add textured soy and tofu and cook for about 2 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Add noodles and water and cook until noodles are soft. Add more water if necessary.
- Add radish, peanuts, tamarind sauce, mushroom powder, pepper, and chili sauce.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly if necessary.
- Add bean sprouts and chives and remove from heat. Mix and serve.