We recently rented an apartment for a few weeks in Brasov, Romania. The kitchen is pretty basic but I was thrilled to discover a grill pan was one of the few pans in the cabinet. Perfect for grilling up vegan tofu veggies sandwiches for a quick and easy lunch. This vegan recipe for Grilled Vegan Tofu Veggie Sandwiches can easily be prepared at home or on the road.
- Small Baguette, cut open
- 3, 1/2 inch slices of Tofu
- 2 1/4 inch sliced rounds of yellow or red onions
- 1/4 Red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut in half
- 2 1/2 inch slices of ripe tomato
- Green leaf lettuce
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- Toss all ingredients aside from the bread and lettuce with 2 T olive oil and salt and pepper to season.
- Heat a grill pan on high heat.
- Drizzle bread with 1 teaspoon olive oil and grill on each side.
- Grill vegetable and tofu mixture on each side until grill marks appear and veggies are soft.
- Add mixture to bread along with the lettuce.